- Trends in hyper scale networking.
- The evolution of SDN from “academic SDN” to a modern, mature external controller-based fabric approach.
- Open networking, hardware/ software disaggregation, and the emergence of brite-box networking with Dell, HP and Juniper.
- SDN underlay Integration with OpenStack, Cloudstack, and VMware vCenter.
- How programability, automation and policies are delivering flexibility and agility to the network.
- SDN Overlays & SDN underlays – How VMware NSX interoperates on Big Cloud Fabric as SDN underlay.
- Great example of how Big Switch has fundamentally changed architecture and approach to now complement VMware.
Rob Sherwood, CTO, Big Switch, demonstrates the simplicity, automation and intuitive set up of a modern SDN solution in this video. From unboxing a switch to having an SDN fabric up and running in 10 minutes. http://www.bigswitch.com/sdn-products/big-cloud-fabrictm (middle left column)
A short overview of the workflow of a virtualization admin provisioning a VM, and seamlessly having all changes and configurations appear on the physical network through Big Cloud Fabric and vCenter. SDN is all about operational simplicity and removing inefficiencies between data center silos. http://www.bigswitch.com/sdn-products/big-cloud-fabrictm (top left column).
We invite you to attend upcoming webinars featuring product demonstrations, or view a library of recorded webinars that cover all aspects of Big Tap and Big Cloud Fabric solutions. http://www.bigswitch.com/webinars
To try managing a network with a modern SDN approach first hand, please visit labs.bigswitch.com for a free, hands-on labs experience on our hosted environment. No waiting for the gear to show up in the datacenter, this is immediate gratification, including step by step guided modules.
- Big Tap Monitoring Fabric- an SDN monitoring alternative to Network Packet Brokers (NPB’s) to monitor existing networks
- Big Cloud Fabric – a modern SDN Pclos fabric inspired by hyper scale networking for any datacenter.
- OpenStack – experience BCF on OpenStack