In our conversation today, the Packet Pushers discuss network virtualization, automation, and scaling up data centers with our sponsor, Juniper Networks. Juniper is one of networking’s big names, with huge product lines in routing, switching, and security — among other things. They have also been at the forefront of programmability and automation, with API capabilities baked into Junos since before it was trendy.
Our guests are Parantap Lahiri, Sr. Director, Solutions Engineering and Damien Garros, Technical Marketing Engineer at Juniper Networks.
What We Discuss
- Let’s level set — the evolution of the network in the datacenter.
- Juniper’s plan to expose more programmability on their platform.
- Juniper’s newly announced QFX10000 spine switch — based on their own ASIC. How does this platform fit into the product line up considering the MX and the QFX5100?
- Service insertion in a DC. How can it can be done seamlessly?
- How Contrail enables inter-cloud federation.
- QFX10000 silicon: how it supports 2M hosts + 512K Routes entries in FIB.
- How Contrail’s overlay connects to an external network using gateways.
- QFX10000 Platform Overview
- QFX10000 System Architecture Whitepaper
- QFX10000 Usage of 3D Memory
- QFX10002 Technical Overview
Juniper Contrail/OpenContrail SDN Controller