On July 13, 2016 (that’s next Wednesday), I am hosting a webinar with Silver Peak on SD-WAN implementation challenges. The idea is to discuss what you will really run into when integrating SD-WAN into your production environment.
I’m going after five specific challenges for this webinar. There’s a lot more we could talk about, but just won’t have time in an hour. So I picked five.
- Brownfield deployments. Almost everyone will have this issue because greenfield doesn’t come along that often. If ever.
- WAN edge device explosion. Really, another WAN box at the edge in all the remote offices? SIGH.
- Overcoming lossiness. Great. We’re using the Internet for private WAN now. So what’s that like when the path starts dropping packets?
- Integration with public cloud. How hard is it to make Office365, SalesForce, and other SaaS apps not suck? And what about IaaS?
- Integration with WAN optimization. Oh, so you have a Steelhead (or some other WAN op) already. So…how exactly do you integrate SD-WAN with that? Trickier than it sounds, because WAN op messes with traffic flows to do what it does, while SD-WAN needs un-messed with traffic for proper identification. Chicken, egg.
The webinar will start with me setting up these problems, then I’m going to interview Silver Peak’s Rolf Muralt in the style of a Packet Pushers podcast. I’ll dig into how their Unity SD-WAN product addresses these issues, going as technically specific as time allows.
I’ll also try to weave in questions from the audience live which can be tricky, but I will try. Even if we can’t get to all of the questions during the presentation, we’re planning to have time for Q&A at the end.
If you’d like to attend, you need to register. Please do, and I’ll see you there.